Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mia's letters

Mia's teacher is letting them finish out the year writing letters to each other. During center time they get to use envelopes (which are all properly addressed-I'm impressed!) and stationery to write to each other.

I was a little worried the first day when Mia said she didn't get any letters, but today she got something like 6 or 7.

The letters are very cute, telling Mia she is a great writer, "you hardly ever tok", that she's the nicest girl, etc.

Mia did tell me that they aren't allowed to write "boyfriend girlfriend things," but that a boy does like her. His name is Malachi and that when his friend told Mia that Malachi likes her, Malachi chased him around the playground.

Mia didn't really seem interested, just kind of nonchalant, in Mia's matter-of-fact way. I hope she keeps that attitude for a long time!

1 comment:

QueenShakeNBake said...

Is this really a good idea? I remember the writing notes and passing them were always a problem for the teachers. One almost mortifying incident happened to me in 4th grade. I was trying out my first name with the last name of various boys I liked. A male teacher intercepted this note, a male teacher who usually loved to embarass the kids and would usually read the notes aloud. I think he took pity on me because he didn't say who had written the note and all he would say when my classmates asked was that a young lady was trying out different last names to go with her first name.