Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things, part 2

So, this is my better late than never Easter post. We went to the late Saturday mass at Grandma's church to avoid trying to get three kids and two adults ready for church in the morning. Lukey was a little tired so I had to hold him the whole time and most of the mass was standing up so I was struggling to hold him. I had him on my hip and it wasn't comfortable for him.

I have to say the acoustics at that church are great, unfortunately. Here's everyone all solemn, silent, reflective and Lukey calls out, due to the way I was holding him, "My pee-pee hurts!"

He also repeatedly asked Neenah for a cracker and asked her "Where's your baby (doll)?" When I'd try to shush him he'd say, "I'm talking to Neenah!"

Then he was fascinated by the unique cross-shaped baptism pool in the isle. "I want on the stairs to see the water!" he said over and over as the priest and man climbed in for a baptism. I should of just let him and get his baptism taken care of!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

That is too funny!