Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Paper House

Ok, this blog needs some pictures. I'm going to post some pictures of how I'd like to decorate.

First is the girls's room. I've got the bedding already and this weekend I started to pick out the paint. I think I'll go lighter than this.


Possibly more like this, though I suppose they might be the same color, depending on the light.

For the living room, I'm thinking something like this-

Though, while looking for new furniture this weekend and watching David gravitate toward black and red leather, I think I'm in for a fight. I'd rather just keep my worn, comfy blue couch, but the kids have worn holes in it and it's faded.

For Lukey's room-




I'd like to have maybe khaki walls with navy or dark brown furniture.


The kids bathroom is tricky. It serves as a bathroom for guests, along with two girls and a boy. I'm thinking chocolate brown, and maybe white, and/or light blue. These are by Margot Curran. I'm not sure I like them as much as I did before though.


Or these by someone named Unel-


Or by Joelle Wolff-
Not this particular one, but to give you an idea of her style. But now I'm not sure if it would be too babyish. If I could open up a niche market, it would be fun shower curtains for kids. I get kind of tired of the frogs and ducks that you find everywhere. It is also hard to find something gender neutral.

Ok, enough of the game I call "paper house."

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I really like all those ideas! Painting is a great way to change the room. The girls' bedroom colors would be really cute and would grow with them..same for Luke's!