Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Potty Training Trials and Tribulations

Despite some potty training triumphs recently, we still have a way to go. Today Lukey was hiding, playing quietly, and passing gas. I thought it was a perfect chance to get him on the potty. Well he fought me on it. We sat there for a long time and the whole time he argued with me. He didn't have to. He wanted a clean diaper. He was just farting. It's too hard.

The funniest arguement just made me laugh. Luke has this tendency to make up phrases for things he doesn't know a word for. For awhile he was totally making up words for things. Then he just borrowed other words to use instead. So today he told me, "The poop door is closed you silly girl!"

1 comment:

Miranda said...

That's funny! Linliey's hardest part was the poop too!