Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Third in Command

This summer has been a new experience in that the the girls and Luke now fight. I'm constantly refereeing. Mia tattles on Luke all the time and I usually say something like, "Luke stop hitting your sister."

The other morning David and I were listening to the kids play in the girls' room. Cailey cried out, "Mia, Luke is hitting me!" So Mia, without missing a beat, says, "Luke stop hitting your sister." It was funny hearing her so in charge. I've heard Luke asking Mia for things or going to her when I say no. I guess she's third in command.

On a totally unrelated note, I just spent a nice quiet afternoon while Luke napped watching "The Devil Wears Prada." I haven't sat and watched a movie in a while. It was nice. However, when the movie was over I tried to rewind the DVD. Stop and think about what I just said; I tried to rewind the DVD. Took me a minute to figure out why it wasn't doing anything.

Lukey just woke up from his nap. Sat bolt upright. Ran to the playroom to see what the girls are doing, running right by me as I asked how he was. Ran right back to the couch. Pulled his blanket back up, found his "taggies", and momentarily went back to sleep. Now he's sitting there quietly talking to himself and looking at a book. My sweet, funny boy.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

That is a great movie!